Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What I do when I'm Bored

I have no reason to be bored. At all. I've been running around like crazy since school started (first time I've been in classes in 2.5 years). but for some reason, that just isn't enough to keep me occupied (ha! I'm insane), so I've started saving seeds from my fruits and learning how to make them germinate.

So far, I have 3 granny-smith apple seeds and 2 lemon seeds that have all sprouted and just got moved to their dirt homes just within the past day or two. Also, I'm trying to grow an avocado pit. I have more seeds still incubating including more lemon seeds and some other type of apple that I forget. I also "seasoned" 3 honeylocust seeds, but I don't know if it worked or not. As soon as I seasoned them, the instructions I found online said to plant them right away. So I put 3 in one pot and I am waiting to see if any take root. Ugh, suspense.

I am going to need more dirt and more pots I think.

PS, speaking of seeds, if you are looking to grow awesome tomatoes, check out this website! It's so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment