Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Life Awareness

Well, it's a fact, I am crabby on Mondays. The weekend always goes too fast and I'm left staring at my phone asking why it is telling me to get up and go to work. Well, this prompted me to start focusing on being aware of all the good in my life. So every Monday, I'll be posting something that I am thankful for. Hopefully this will get me in the habit of being grateful even when I am cranky and hopefully will counteract the acute "case of the Mondays" I seem to contract every week.

Edit: So, I scheduled this for yesterday and then it didn't post! silly thing.

So, I feel particularly crabby. I didn't do hardly any of the stuff I was trying to accomplish this weekend. Boo. But, that's not what this post is about.

Today I am thankful for the aprons I got for Christmas. They have been a very useful gift. I asked my mom for one and she got me a full length blue one which is great for making bread because otherwise flower goes everywhere. But then at DH's family's Christmas, one of his aunts made me 3 pretty half-aprons. They are fun and good for everyday cooking.

All of them have been great because, as you probably know by now, I am a very messy cook. I practically have to change clothes after I make something, especially bread or chili. Now, I don't have to! I just take off the apron and voila! I'm not covered in food. :)

This is a fairly simple thing, but it's really made a difference in how I feel when I cook. I do love to cook, but I was getting frustrated because I was always getting covered in batter from the edge of the bowl or splashes of chili (like what happened tonight when I didn't wear an apron, ugh), or whatever food I was preparing. Now I can keep my hands a lot cleaner, too, because I can wipe them on the apron mid-task instead of trying to find a towel.

Yay, aprons.

Also, blueberries. I bought some on sale yesterday and they are very tasty.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment