Sunday, January 9, 2011

Food Waste.. Sunday

Argh, not again. I am several days late again, phooey.

I wasted a serving of a casserole I made a few weeks ago. I think it was still (technically) good, but I couldn't stomach it for some reason and I didn't feel right serving it to DH 500 times. It's hard to eat a casserole by yourself, even if it's just and 8x8 (all the way filled to the top).

I have applesauce in the fridge right now that has a bit of mold in the corner. I really need to deal with. I was going to make granola this weekend, but with all the other cooking I did, I didn't do the granola. I guess I should scoop the mold out if I really am going to use it.

I also wasted a failed smoothie. How can you ruin a smoothie? Put broccoli in it, yuck. I've added spinach and other veggies before, but apparently broccoli is a no-go. Its flavor is too strong. I hated dumping it down the drain. I'll have to be more careful next time.

So, overall, a pretty bad week. But I think I'm on track for this week to be better. :)

Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment