Saturday, November 6, 2010

Another Self-Improvement Project

I've decided that I should be constantly working on improving myself. Personally, I think everyone should strive to grow and learn throughout their life. That's my opinion though, so please don't feel like I'm going to beat you over the head with it. That being said, I still think it's a good idea. ;)

There are lots of ways to improve yourself. It could be you've decided that you need to stop using certain words or that you need to cut out that extra chocolate bar at work. It could be that you want to add a positive habit such as brushing your teeth twice a day instead of only once. I decided to do my first self-improvement project over the summer (before the blog) and had positive results.

Sooo, starting tomorrow, I am beginning my next self-improvement project.

Here is my Plan for Improving my Posture (PIP for short).

Background
Coming from a family of computer nerds with terrible posture, it was only natural for me to absorb their bad habits. We always slouched at the computer, we slouched at the dinner table, we slouched when we watched tv, we walked with our shoulder curled forward a bit instead of straight. None of us have good posture. So, when I say I have bad posture, don't think Igor, but that's not too far off.

I want to change not only because I will look and feel better about myself, but because it's just better for my physical health to have good posture. I have pretty regular back pain associated with my bad posture along with trouble sleeping sometimes and extreme discomfort sitting still for long periods of time. I don't just want to change, I need to change.

Plan
Starting tomorrow, I will set a small goal for myself regarding my posture. Every 3 days, I will add a new goal on top of the one(s) I am already doing. By the end of 31 days, I am hoping to have terrific posture (or at least something better than my current rank of "abysmal").

Every time I add a new goal, I will write a short post about what the goal is, and I how I am doing on my previous goals.

Feel free to join me in this project and share your story along side mine. Or, comment about a time when you did a self-improvement project: what you picked and how it went.

Stay tuned tomorrow to find out what PIP Step 1 is!

No comments:

Post a Comment