So I am joining the ranks. In order to keep myself aware of how much food I am throwing out, I am posting a list every Friday. I am playing my small part in a larger online movement of getting serious about waste. I believe it is important to be aware of ourselves and how we are living our lives, and a large part of that in America, I believe, is keeping track of and reducing waste.The Less Food We Waste...
- the less money we waste
- the more food is available to other people
- the less food is needed to feed our country
- 1 pancake's worth of batter
- about 1 cup (1 meal's worth) of leftover chicken-something
- 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal