Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bubbles!

I was taking out the trash earlier today and on my way back, I look up at my apartment complex to see my adult neighbor blowing bubbles into the air unashamedly. Awesome. I smiled and he noticed and started laughing. He said he "just felt like blowing [his] bubbles." Even better.

It was such a great display of childlike innocence. He was standing on his balcony on the third floor, happily blowing his bubbles and watching them float down below. I feel like stuff like this doesn't happen very often. People are too busy doing grown-up things to enjoy life's simple pleasures. Not that grown-up things are bad, but there is definitely a place for some childlike fun, too. It was a "stop-and-smell-the-roses" kind of moment.

This totally just made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment