Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas with friends and family. We celebrated Christmas with my family last night, had our own small Christmas this morning, and will be traveling tomorrow to see my Hubby's parents. Then on New Year's we are going to my Hubby's grandparents for Christmas.

2 down, 2 to go!

I got some fun stuff so far, including a Pandora subscription from my husband (yay!), but by far my favorite thing is giving. I had so much fun last night passing out gifts to everyone and taking a bzillion photos and making people pose with their gifts. And they actually all humored me, haha.

My dad loved the anise cookies I made him. Thanks, Joy of Cooking for another reliable recipe. And thanks, internet, for the awesome advice to add cinnamon to them. I made some with cinnamon and some without--and by far the ones with cinnamon were so much better.

The other fun thing we got to do last night was I brought stuff to make some of the eggnog I talked about in a previous post. It was amazing. Everyone loved it. Mom said having me around was like having Martha Stewart around... Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, heh... That didn't stop them from drinking it all up, though. And surprisingly, no one freaked about the fact that it was chock full of raw eggs. I thought for sure my Mom would have flipped.

So, what's your favorite thing about Christmas? Did you get any fun presents this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment